HOW TO KULA
To get the most out of the fair, it is important to know how to approach the
companies and therefore we want to share some useful tips for you:
- Be prepared! Check out what companies you are interested in and do some research. To do this, visit the company's website and LinkedIn (QR-codes for the companies are found in the catalog).
- Update your own LinkedIn page and print out your resumes and cover letter to hand it out for interesting companies.
- Prepare questions (look at our 20 questions!) for the companies that you are interested in.
- Pitch yourself! Talk about what other experiences and roles you have had and why you are suitable for the company.
- Ask what they can offer you! You need to know if this is a company that will suit you.
20 questions to ask companies at the career fair
- Can you tell me more about what the company does?
- What positions can I as a chemical/biotechnical engineer have at your company and what will be the tasks?
- How does the requirement process work at the company?
- Does the company offer a master thesis? And if so, can you give me an example of what other students have proceeded?
- After doing a master thesis for your company, do I have any chance of getting employed?
- What do you as a company look for when hiring?
- What does the company think about sustainability work?
- What does the company do for sustainability work?
- How is the work-environment at the company?
- How did you land on the company?
- What does a regular week look like?
- What is the best part about working for this company?
- How long have you been working for this company and how has it changed since you began?
- How is the company developing or how does the future look?
- What characteristics fit into your company?
- Is it possible to work abroad or move within the company?
- Which other positions do I corporate with as a chemical/biotechnical engineer?
- Does the company have any old students from this program/education and what are their tasks?
- Where do you think the company will be in 10 years?
- Do you have any further tips for me?